It’s no secret that a fair share of my fiction is image-prompted. That means I see something and I build a story around it. A person, a picture, a bus..they’re all fair game and on some days, they’re my only saving grace from writer’s block.
As I mentioned last week, it’s time for a new contest here at Redhead Writing. Dress up your best county fair pig, put some lipstick on the bitch and send it over to The Redhead. And as I have before, I’ll share my story when submissions close. Here are the rules for this bliss-laden foray into the halls of Redhead Writing fame:
- This is SHORT SHORT fiction. Like Nair Short Shorts. You’ve got 300 words to hook us. We like short shorts.
- Your story is based in the picture in this post.
- All entries are submitted via a comment left on this post.
- You must provide an email address when posting (how the hell else am I going to contact you?)
- SUBMISSIONS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON AUGUST 17, 2010.
- The winner will be decided by votes, and your asses can’t game the system. I have an IP address limiter, so if you’re so damn dead set on winning, you can drive to every Starbucks in a 10-mile radius to cast another unethical vote. Be my guest. Every time you game the system, God kills a puppy. Killer.
And a caveat: this is the actual picture that inspired…the beginnings of a story…on my end.
Oh, and shit – the prize. Well,last time I ran a contest, Redhead Writing reader/writer Ryan won a $150 VISA gift card. Think about that. Prizes are subject to my whimsy, menstrual cycle and the state of my romantic life. One is in full force and the other two are not here right now, but you could leave a message at the tone.
Roll the dice, monkays. Let’s see whatcha got! It’s like a game of craps, but without the hookers and no one to bring you a Red Bull and vodka.