If you’re looking for something to enhance your business world during the month of May, you Denver and Boulder business folk don’t want to miss The NOW Revolution Book Tour. As a huge supporter of anyone who dedicates themselves to cranking out thousands of words for publication, a group of us have gotten together to bring Amber Naslund, Vice President of Social Strategy for Radian6 and co-author of The NOW Revolution to the Front Range for the first time ever.
If you’ve never seen Amber speak, it’s something that should definitely be added to your Business Enhancement Bucket List. As someone who attends and speaks at multiple conferences throughout the year, there are some pretty lackluster speakers you can lose an hour of your life to. I wouldn’t be part of the team bringing her to Colorado if that were the case. Animated, insightful and human, Amber’s one of those speakers who grabs you in the first two minutes and won’t let you go until she’s signed your book when the hour is over. Not only that, she’s a rock-solid lady who avoids the dish-and-dash routine and hangs with her audience both before and after the fact.
What’s the Dealio? What Will I Get for an Hour of My Time?
At each event, Amber will address the “Seven Shifts To Make Businesses Faster, Smarter & More Social.” Whether you’re a one-person rodeo or a company with hundreds of employees, there’s something for any business that’s interested in becoming more nimble and efficient with their marketing strategies.
Amber’s presentation will teach attendees how to:
- Strip away silos and overgrown business processes and create a culture of NOW;
- Hire and empower a new type of employee who is adept at pattern recognition, human relations, and immediate analysis;
- Organize internal teams for maximum external impact, and empower every employee as a marketer (even if they’re not);
- Listen at the point of need and answer the social telephone;
- Travel the “Humanization Highway” and respond effectively and persuasively to customer inquiries;
- Plan for, find and manage real-time crises; and,
- Redesign success metrics in a business world that’s increasingly instantaneous.
Hey, Erika – Can I Get In for Free?
I dunno. I could probably arrange that if you want to pay Amber’s mortgage. The event is a $25 ticket. Why? Well, here are some things you might not know about how things work with published authors:
- Free books: Hahahahaha! Yeah. They might get 20 complimentary copies. So book tours are arranged to let various communities meet the author(s), talk about the book and let readers get some one-on-one time. Oh, and to sell books. Every attendee of these events will receive a copy of The NOW Revolution – that’s what your ticket price covers.
- Book tours: Unless you’re Seth Godin, Steven King or the awesomeness that is The Oatmeal, authors foot the bill for all their travel and expenses to get out and promote their books. The team that’s bringing Amber to the Front Range is absorbing 100% of the costs, except the books, to bring her expertise and message to the local business community. There’s nothing in it for us except being a part of a great event and we wouldn’t do it if we didn’t love the book and its message.
Fine, I’ll Pay. How Do I RSVP?
It’s easy-peasy. (And thank you for not arguing with The Redhead.) Here are the details, and we hope to see you there:
Thursday, May 12 at 6pm at The Rackhouse Pub (208 S. Kalamath)
Facebook event (for sharing with your folk)
Friday, May 13 at 8am at Metzger Associates (5733 Central Ave.)
Facebook Event (for sharing with your folk)
About Your Event Sponsors
These two events are sponsored by Metzger Associates, the Mile High Social Media Club, PRSA/Colorado Chapter and RedheadWriting – four companies/organizations dedicated to bringing value to the Front Range business communities.