If you’re a long-time reader, you know my stance on Proposition 8 (better known as Proposition H8). Yesterday, a reader and long-time colleague sent me what’s possibly the most fabulous link EVAH (thanks Lisa!), so today’s blog is all about supporting a great new group that’s fighting for marriage equality – and having a metric ass ton of fun doing it. I’ll let you watch the video and then I’ll tell you how you can win your very own I Give a FCK.
On a side note, I ate pho for the first time (ever) last night. They bring you a plate filled with veggies to put into your soup, and not knowing proper Pho Protocol, I proceeded to drop what could only be described as a shrub of Thai basil into my pho. I’d like to thank my dinner companion for casually mentioning (disguised with a snicker) that MOST people just put the leaves from the basil into their pho. A phopaux on my part. Phucking idiot, I am.
Now, you can bop over to FCKH8’s YouTube channel and subscribe (now, please) and then head on over to their Facebook Page and show your support. You can support the cause even MORE by stopping by the FCKH8 website and using their easy-to-share icons to broadcast this message to your friends. Personally, I think this is a great way to clean out some of those dead-weight friends on Facebook and in your Twitter stream – once they see this video filled with awesomesauce, those close-minded fuckwads will be on a short boat to the “remove from friends” and “unfollow” buttons. Awwwwyeah. Beat it, geeks.
But Erika – You Said I Could Win My Very Own I Give a FCK!
You’re right. I sure did. Here’s how:
- Stop by the RedheadWriting Fan Page and become a fan.
- Then, bop over to FCKH8’s fan page and become a fan of theirs, too.
- NEXT, write a message on the RedheadWriting fan page wall tagging both RedheadWriting and FCKH8 and tell me why you should win one of their fabulous FCKH8 t-shirts. Oh, and in your wall post, tell me your t-shirt size and the shirt you want (yes, you get to CHOOSE!). You can view all of their fabulous shirts HERE.
- How to tag in Facebook: when you type, put an @ symbol in front of the page or person you want to tag. For example, type @redheadwriting and it will pull up RedheadWriting in a search box below the wall post entry field. Easy peasy!
- On Thursday of this week, I’ll announce the 10 winners of your very own I Give a FCK – because I’ll see who REALLY gives a FCK about stopping the cycle of H8 in this country.
Go forth. Become fans. Show your support. Retweet the shit out of this. Please and thanks.