That’s an awfully long title. Balls. Whatever – let’s roll.
In the interests of time (mine and yours), here’s a recap of what I’ve learned in less than 24 hours at my first-ever trade show/conference EVAH: Blog World Expo 2009.
- I am not alone in my assertion that Facebook apps are, by and large, for “dumb monkeys.”
- In spite of best intentions, men in Las Vegas surrounded by dolled-up gals will revert to talking about Star Wars.
- Some people were optimizing hot tubs at Super 8 hotels long before they were writing the algorithms at Google.
- Sometimes, you just need a guy in a pink shirt and heavy New York accent to get your back and smack someone down.
- On occasion, you get the best reward ever: real-life personalities that outshine virtual personas.
- What happens in Vegas will be broadcast on Twitter.
Enjoy some photos of last night’s frolicking with The Redhead (and no – none of the photos involve me in a hot tub):
Takeaway from night one at Blog World: I love listening. It’s breathtaking what you can hear when you give your ear. (While Seuss-ish in its simplicity, I can think of no other way to say it.)
I’m off for day one in the Exhibit Hall. Come say hello and let me know what you’ve learned so far. I’m kinda into the whole “listening” thing!