Having been an SEO copywriter for over four years, I’ve seen my share of changes in the industry. Not only does SEO copywriting mean more than dropping keyword bombs – it means the difference between a business that understands communicating with BOTH its customers AND the search engines that bring them business.
I met Brian Clark (finally) back at Blog World in 2009. He knew I was a SEO copywriting geek and he pinged me early this year with a question: he had a cool new WordPress SEO copywriting plugin and would I mind giving it a beta test?
Does a monkey fling poo?
Not a moment later, I found a nifty zip file in my inbox. Enter Scribe.
If you’re using a WordPress-powered content management system or blog, it’s essential. If you’re a copywriter producing article marketing content for distribution around the web, it’s like mother’s milk. Here’s why:
- It Thinks Like a Search Engine: It’s all very well and good to think you’re TELLING the search engines what you want them to see through coding meta data like page title, description and keywords, but what do search engines really see? Scribe tells you and helps you pull your head out of your backside before your content goes live.
- It Acts Like a Coach: When you run the Analysis tool, it not only tells you what it sees, but it tells you how to fix it. Hells yeah.
- No Blog Needed: Maybe you’re a copywriter who churns out article marketing content and you have to be careful about keyword density (I’m talkin’ eZines here, folks…). Scribe had a web-based standalone version accessible from anywhere (one you sign up) that catches any boo boos before the big bad submission engines get ahold of you. I lurvs. A lot. (Not alot.)
- It Ain’t Free (and nor should it be): If you want cool free tools, check out HubSpot’s awesome arsenal. The Scribe tool ranges from $27/month to $97/month. Don’t believe it’s worth the cash – try it 30 days for free and see for yourself. I did.
Here’s a screenshot of the analysis tool once it’s run (these are the results for the post you’re reading right now):
Here are a few things you need to know about WHY I’m pimping this plugin:
- I work in the SEO space and have sent referrals for this tool over to SEO firms with whom I work.
- I’m all about anything that’s going to make my job easier.
- Brian’s group is all about feedback and he PERSONALLY responded to a list of improvement/expansion suggestions I sent over.
- They’ll be releasing versions for additional blogging platforms in coming months.
- It takes writers out of the position of thinking like writers and makes you look at your content in a different way – a way that better serves clients.
Will it make you a SEO copywriting pro overnight? Hell no. But it WILL make your path to understanding how search engines read content less bumpy. Read more about the Scribe SEO Copywriting tool and see why I’m jazzed. Have a delightful Monday.